Publication date: 8/3/2018.
Closing date: 22/3/2018
Fish Market Manager
Location: Qardho in Puntland
DURATION: 9 months with possibility of an extension
Background and General Information: FairFishing is an INGO that will implement a project on private sector institutional capacity building and strengthening in Puntland and Somaliland funded by the European Union from 2016 – 2018. The overall objective is to ensure the artisanal fisheries population in Puntland and Somaliland have enhanced livelihoods, food security and nutrition through improved and effective private sector management of the fishery. The purpose of the project is also to strengthen the capacity of the private sector to maximize and manage marine resources.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
◦ To be responsible of the leadership and management of the work at FairFishing Fish market in Qardho including, economical, technical, marketing and personnel management.
◦ To cooperate closely with the partners of the fish market to gain as much effect as possible from the production. Specially to encourage the partners for innovations to improve the standards, the cooling and hygiene of the Fish market in Qardho.
◦ Be responsible for proactive press-strategy of the fish market.
◦ Reporting to FairFishing Puntland National Coordinator in accordance with the above bullets and directives i.e. reporting on the production and financial issues.
◦ To network with local stakeholders who are relevant for the operation of the fish market.
Professional Qualification and Experience
◦ Bachelor degree in Fisheries, value chain and market Management (i.e. BS – management, BBA – Fisheries Management)
◦ Minimum two (02) years relevant experience
◦ Experience in fishery in Qardho or Karkaar region is highly appreciated.
◦ Expanded knowledge of fish, fish processing and local fishing knowledge is highly appreciated.
◦ The fish market manager must have basic computer skills i.e. Office application
◦ The fish market manager must have the ability to prioritize, take the initiative and implement decisions professionally in order to achieve the agreed objectives.
◦ The fish market manager must have the ability to communicate effectively both in speaking and writing in Somali. English language skills are desired.
◦ The fish market manager must be a team player in the project based on values as confidence and cooperation.
◦ The fish market manager must be committed to the vision, mission, and values of FairFishing.